World Cup Fever
As my time in Korea is dwindling down, I find myself scrambling to get ready to leave this wonderful country.Of course, the 2006 World Cup kicked off a few days ago and is being playing in Germany - 8 hours behind us here in Korea. First problem is that the games end up being in the afternoon in Germany, which leads to them starting around 10-11pm in Korea. That is all well and good...
The second problem is that June is a transition month for the weather here in Korea. So for the next couple of weeks it is warm during the day, but usually cools off fairly nicely during the evening - so I leave the windows open at night. Okay, the temperature changes are NOT the problem.
Okay, the second problem stems from the windows being open. So the match starts at say 10pm and I attempt to go to sleep at 11pm. Well, I cannot do much of anything except lay there until the match ends (say around 11:30pm) due to the cheering from all my neighbors in the greater area (I live on the side of a hill so I also get to hear the neighbors from down in the valley).
I started to figure out when there were shots on goal and of course the scores. But, it is kind of frustrating.
Oh yeah, Korea is now 1-0-0, as they beat Togo in their opening Group G match.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home