Saturday, April 01, 2006

Trans-Pacific Flight

Long time, no post...

Just one quick little update - no pictures...yet.

Completed 9/10th of a Trans-Pacific flight. I say 9/10th since I'm stuck 600 miles from my final destination today. Due to problems in the "Windy City", I'm sitting on a 5 hour delay.

I did have some interesting experiences during the first 9/10th of the trip. Flew in a Japanense communter plane - configured only for economy. Seats were tight and I had no leg room. Fortuneately, it was a relatively short flight (1:45) to Osaka. Never been to Osaka before, so that was a new experience.

Osaka is a fairly new and well configured airport. I think I like Narita better though for services. Osaka was good for the ability to upgrade to Business. I must say, if you ever get the chance to upgrade to business class, by all means do it. This flight was probably the first in a good while that I was able to get some sleep.

Anyway, back to Osaka. I saw what I will call the quintesential "Japanese Tourist". He had only two cameras (Digital). They were in a rig that allowed both of the cameras to take the same picture, but at slightly different perspectivies - basically, he was taking stereoscopic photos. Interesting, but he took a picture of the Duty Free shop...

The terminal at Chicago O'Hare is nice - spent a lot of time walking around it tonight. They've got a lot of nice resturants inside the terminal. I ate my late dinner at Wolfgang Puck's. Okay, it is an express, but it was a really good firebaked Spicy Chicken pizza.

Spent some time coordinating my rental car - change the time, then eventually change the reservation.

Spent some time on the Internet. The USO has free internet available; of course you must be able to access the services of the USO to use it. For those of you that do not know what the USO is or what it does, please go to www.uso.org. Please donate to support the USO as they provide services to transiting US Servicemembers at airports around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home