Sunday, January 29, 2006

January 2006 Upate

Howdy folks. Yes, it has been a while since I've posted. Not much is going on. Looks like I'll be in Korea just a little while longer. Not a problem, just more time away from the family.

Workout update - Still going strong after one month. To date, I've lost 16 lbs and am currently weighing in at 192 lbs. Not too bad for a months work of workouts. Of course I am pretty close to the "recommended" 2-3 lbs weight loss per week. A couple more weeks and I may taper off to 4-5 sessions per week.

Well, like most people, work has been keeping me busy. Otherwise not much to report. After the cold weather of December it has definitely warmed up here in Korea. Warm being relative to really cold. It is still in the high 30s, low 40s most of the time, but that is warmer than the teens.

We (dvn2rckr, rnrB, trkr and myself) hit the thrift shops looking for that perfect deal. We all have our reasons for looking. But, ocassionally you find the best deal. On the 28th, I was browsing through a local thrift shop here in Korea and found this...
A brand new, sealed in the box Harry Potter "Knights Bus" lego set. This set is from the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Anyway, it retailed for $30.00, but I manged to buy it for $3.00. Not a bad deal at all, if I do say so myself. Not sure if I'll open it and build it myself or wait and let rnrB and trkr have a go at building it.

My bowling is having its ups and downs. A few days ago, I bowled seven games and on my last three I had a 204, 206 and a 206. I figured I had it my mark and my performance would be better. Well, it was apparently all a myth as I tried again a few days later and was in the 130s. Friday was worse, as I ended my last game with 7 splits (in 10 frames) and a pathetic 98! I bounced back on Saturday to my normal average of 155. The only thing different between Monday, Friday and Saturday was that I didn't workout on Friday. (Wednesday was just weird since I wasn't able to get two lanes and was on lane 2, which is not exactly on of the better lanes.

It is tax time again, so lot of work going into determining of much of our money is going to Uncle Sam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home