Happy New Year!
Well, 2005 is over. Here comes 2006 and it is a MOVING year. What does that mean, you ask? Well, a MOVING year is just what it sounds like and it involves moving. In this case from Korea to the Washington, DC area.Anyway, a little update from the previous posts:
* I've rearranged my living room, yet again. So the Christmas tree and Monorail have been put away and relocated.
* Moped is working fine - still a little cold to be riding it unless I'm completely bundled up. Cold is okay, but add a windy day and it is really cold.
* Washer Machine was fine. Apparantly water freezes when it gets below 32F. Good thing to know. My washer is located on an enclosed balcony and that is it, no heating, just basic protection from the elements. Some water remains in the base on the drum, which will freeze if the temp drops below, well, freezing until it is thawed. Have to do laundry on warm days or start with hot water in the machine to melt the other ice.
Mostly spend New Years Eve in a quiet evening with friends. Of course, I didn't even make it to New Years there and left around 1115 so I could take a subway back to my place. I walked in the door at 1155 (most of my clocks already said 1201). Seoul Tower was completely dark, but right at midnight, it lit back up. There were a number of firework displays around the city. So, I guess I spent a quiet night at home for New Years, or did I?
I started my New Years resolution early this year. Typically, I don't make any resolutions, so starting early is no big deal. I woke up on the 26th of December and realized that I was starting to get pretty hefty. Okay, I had been tossing in my head for awhile to get back down to about 175-185 range, instead of the 205 range, I had been at. Today marks the second complete week on "new" program and I have lost 10 lbs (started at 208). I definitely feel better and I've started to get some muscle tone back. I haven't gone crazy and starved myself - I'm still eating "normal" foods - eggs, bagels, waffles, tacos, rice, chicken, etc. Of course, I am trying to eat smaller portions.
I might have made the biggest Korean/Asia faux paux there is - I am out of rice! Shorting after moving in almost 21 months ago, I bought a 25lb bag of rice. I finally finished it about a week ago. I haven't had time (or really a need) to go and buy more. So, no visitors until I get more rice...
I bottled my latest batch of beer on the 22nd of December. It is called Positive Perspective Porter. I'll test a bottle for carbonation in two weeks. A porter is a strong and dark beer, but not nearly as strong as a stout beer. I still have a couple of bottles of my IPA that I am slowing working through. I may be able to brew another batch before I leave Korea.

1 Comments:
It's nice to see what's up again! Good job with the workouts. We're trying to do the same thing here but the weather isn't cooperating. :( Now on day 26 of consecutive rain. :( By the way, I took a shower to ring in the New Year. Not much excitement here either.
Post a Comment
<< Home