Monday, May 23, 2005

Star Wars, Episode III

I finally break down and braves the crowds to see Episode III on Sunday. By then most the of crowds had dispersed and the line was fairly short. Of course, it paled in comparison to waiting in line when the Original Star Wars was released in 1977 and wondering if we were actually going to be able to get into see the show. We did, and what was more amazing was that at the end of the movie, everybody clapped and applauded.

Okay, fast forward what, 28 years, the movie ends and everybody gets up to leave, no applause, etc.

I won't give away any spoilers, but it did cleanup a lot of loose ends and also brings to clarity several notable phrases from Star Wars. I don't remember very many lines from any of the other movies other than maybe one from Return of the Jedi. Of course, it did raise some other questions but again, spoilers, so I won't discuss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home