Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Random Musings

So the rain from the previous day continued into Wednesday and kept the day extremely cool after it stopped around noon. In all it was a very nice day, overcast and cool; definitely not a typical May day in Korea.

Not knowing what else to do today, I did try to gather as much items as I could so I will be able to keep myself entertained on my "field trip" on Thursday. Star Wars Episode III is completely out of the question for Thursday as I'm not schedule to return home until 730pm. My big hunt was for my rather large (by today's standards) MP3 player. I was fairly sure that it was still in the office - it wasn't. Did a search for it at the apartment; figured that I had moved it out of reach of the kids - nope not there either. Walked on back to the office to search for it again - still wasn't there. Did a look in the car when I got back to the apartment; yep, put it under the driver's seat. Must have done that a couple of months ago since I don't drive it the car that often or on long trips where I would want to listen to music. It is now safely plugged into the wall charging up for the trip tomorrow.

The other thing that I wanted to do tonight was rack the beer (transfer the beer from one fermenting container to another container to achieve clearer beer). Based on my time of return on Thursday I'll probably do it then.

Also went for a quick trip to the bowling alley tonight since I hadn't been bowling for a long while. Anyway, before I get to the results of tonights bowling, I do need to report on the status of the results of the final round of bowling. As I had stated earlier there was a slim chance, very slim chance that we could move ahead of the team that was two teams above us. Well, we didn't move ahead of that team - we tied them. It is extremely amazing seeing that the team last year was near the bottom of the standing. Anyway, tonights results were good for me as well. My previous best has been 191 on a practice night and my league best is a 183 (I think). Anyway, the night didn't start very good. I barely got a 115 on the first game, the second game something must have clicked becuase I got 6 strikes in a row and a final score of 211!!! The third game was more of my normal score of about 141. I just need to figure out what I did on the second game and do that all the time.

Just becuase I'm in Korea, I'm not immune to the price of gasoline. While it is cheaper than some places in the states the cost on the economy is around $4/gallon. My price is usually around $2.25/gallon. Makes me glad that a ride a moped most of the time since I can usually go a week on one gallon. Of course China had the best price in the region of about $2.00/gallon. Kind of hard to drive there for a fill-up though...

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Adventure Seeker said...

thought you took the MP3 player to Chejudo and China...

dvn2r ckr

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nope. Last time we used it was last October when we headed out to Soraksan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home