Lazy Days
Sunday started much in the same way that Saturday ended. As I was getting ready for church, I got a call from dvn2rckr. We talked about a number of things, but the most interesting was the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) list that recently came out. From what I saw in the news is that it won't be until sometime this fall that the list will be final and approved by the President and the Congress.Following the discussion I finished showering and getting dressed for church. I decided to use the cuff links that I had on my tuxedo shirt from the night before on my regular shirt (since it had those holes). Oh, my tuxedo shirt, is not the standard tuxedo shirt that one would think. This one is called a "Party Shirt" as the sleeves and the back are not white, but a different pattern. Mine happens to be a tropic fish motif. The idea is that when the formal portion of a ball is over and the DJ and the dancing start, the jacket top come off and the "party" starts. Okay enough asides.
Church was uneventful, the Chaplain did ask if the family got off okay. I told him that they did. He understood my sense of loss with them gone. Finished ushering (the other volunteering that I do) and headed for home.
Since dvn2rckr, trkr and rnrb left, I've been slowly cleaning up. Today was the day to mop the floor in the living room area. Since I hadn't done a complete mop job in at least six months, I decided to pull up all the furniture (okay, almost all of it, I left the TV stand) to sweep and then mop. Since I would either be stuck in a room or outside I decided that I would make a run to the PX to replace the 5 gallon bottle of water that used for the beer while the floor dried. Sure enough when I came back the floor was dry except for a small area right near the kitchen. While that dried, I put the rug and furniture back in its place.
It was still early, so I went on a little tour of the Yongsan Electronics Market (which was closed, but the outdoor vendors were open) and made my way over to Space9 and the E-Mart located above the Yongsan Train Station. Hadn't been to either of those places other than the Yongsan Train Station, and then only as the KTX that I was riding in passed through it. I might also have changed trains with dvn2rckr and the kids after a letterbox/geocaching trip. After my self-tour of the facilities, I headed back home, but made a small stop at the office to run some computer updates. Its easier to make updates on computers when they aren't being used.
At home, again. I started to make dinner (Brats and corn-on-the-cob). I ate the brats with Deli mustard and a little saurkraut.
The rest of the evening consists of laundry.
I may get a chance to see Star Wars Episode III on the 19th when it opens here. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home