Thursday, October 13, 2005

Interesting Weekend

Okay, so it is really Thursday, but I had an interesting weekend over Columbus Day. (Hmm, never quite remember how to spell that, is it like the jacket or the country?) Anyway, first two days of it were pretty much spent sleeping, not sure why, but I was exhausted. Of course over here, the four day weekends start on Saturday and finish on Tuesday so instead of two four day weeks we get a five day week and a three day week. Takes a while to get used to it.

Monday, I didn't do much either, in fact I really can't remember what I did, obviously it wasn't very interesting. Now on Tuesday, that is when I started to actually get some stuff done. I wake up early, talk on the phone and then go for a nice little run. Finish that, take my shower and get ready to complete the last errand I need to complete for the day, which was get a haircut. Mission complete and I still have half the day left.

DVN2RCKR has been suggesting that I check on some of the letterboxing that were placed here in Korea. A couple that I have not been on when they were placed is located very near to where I reside. So, after everything on Tuesday was done that needed to get done, I printed the clues and proceded to locate the box.

First thing that I did was start heading up the stair to reach the summit of Namsan, home of Seoul tower. Of course, Seoul Tower is currently closed (should open 1 DEC after eight months of renovations). Once at the summit, I opened the clues only to realize that I didn't have a need to climb to the top, no big deal and headed back on down.

Got back down to the bottom, right were I had passed a bench that rnrB had posed on her last visit following the clues. I think I did pretty good considering I didn't have a compass and wasn't sure of my cardinal directions at that point either. I eventually found the box, althought I had to do a bit of interpretation before I located it, but I was in the right place to start looking for it.

Bottom line was that nobody else had been to the box - sorry; I guess letterboxing just isn't that big in Korea as Geocaching.

After that I headed to Namdemun, a large "shopping" district not too far from where the box is located to look for a certain type of pencil sharpener for rnrB's schoolwork. Looked all over the place, but was unable to locate one. By then I was pretty tired and headed home for dinner, a quiet even and bed as work was fast approaching on Wednesday.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Adventure Seeker said...

Hey, somebody finally visited our letterbox in Korea!!! Woo Hoo! Party time. Glad to hear you found it. ;)

dvn2r ckr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home