65" Sony Television
Okay, so a 65" Sony Television was the goal for today.Yes, today was the great Yongsan Lanes 65" TV give-a-way. It was not quite a give-a-way. First problem, get your named pulled from a box of food receipts that had been collected over the last three months. It think they said there were about 2500 receipts in the box - yep a lot. So getting your name called was issue one, the next issue is bowling a 9 or a strike under "Cosmic Conditions".
What is Cosmic Conditions you ask. Good question. Well, they basically turn off the lights, turn on the blacklights, throw in some disco balls, moving spot lights and loud music -- poof you have Cosmic Conditions. Oh, did I mention that they had the bumpers put up as well.
Then from there, if you were still standing, you then drew another envelope with the locker and a locker combination that included a bunch of parting gifts, but only one had a flyer for the 65" TV (what did you think it would fit in a locker?). One also had a bowling ball.
Okay now that the background is out of the way - I didn't make the cut; more specifically, my name was not pulled out of the box. But, there were several associates of mine who had their names pulled, but weren't there; one even twice.
I did know two of the people that made the first cut. Of that only one made the second cut, but he didn't win the TV. It actually went to a guy that was so shocked that he won, he didn't realize it until somebody had to show him the flyer. His wife and kids were extremely happy.
With nothing left to do, but head down to Osan to pickup some clothing items for dvn2rckr and then come back home again.
When I got back, I did hit the lanes again to blow off a little steam before heading back home to eat dinner.

1 Comments:
:(
I was so looking forward to having to build a new room just for this TV.
It would have been awesome for a home-theater but as I don't watch much TV to begin with it's probably better that it went to a family that would use it. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home